Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe LoungeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Appropriate baptism gift??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jilljill

Appropriate baptism gift?? Empty
PostSubject: Appropriate baptism gift??   Appropriate baptism gift?? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 am

My four month old niece is getting baptized this weekend. My husband and I are unable to make the trip (his sister lives across the country) but we would like to send a gift. As he and I do not follow his sister's religious path, we felt it would be inappropriate to send a religious gift. People have suggested things like commemorative engraved silver cups (they seem kind of silly) or a gold cross necklace (jewelry on a baby is so weird!). Does anyone have any suggestions?
================
Cheap Flights|Cheap Holidays
Back to top Go down
neemasen
Noobie

Appropriate baptism gift?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Appropriate baptism gift??   Appropriate baptism gift?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 am

Money is an appropriate gift. Your in-laws can deposit the money in a savings account for your niece.

If that isn't your choice, you may want to send a music box. I am Godmother to several of my nieces. For their baptisms, I gave them a music box- it doesn't have to play religious music, maybe lullabies would be nice.

Clothing may also be o.k.

I have also seen very nice quilts and blankets given as baptism gifts. I think Things Remembered may be able to embroider your niece's name and baptism date onto the blanket. It may be kind of pricey, but it's practical and unique.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1