Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe LoungeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the point of godmother's ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jilljill

What's the point of godmother's ? Empty
PostSubject: What's the point of godmother's ?   What's the point of godmother's ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 am

I mean idk, I don't get why people have godmother's but I do wanna be one . If my friends got pregnant, thats the 1st thing I would tell them, that I wanna be the godmother . Ha . But why do we have them ?
Traditionally godparents are responsible for the spiritual upbringing of their godchildren should something happen to their parents. Anymore I think it's just a meaningless title for most.
==================
Link Building|Link Building Services

Back to top Go down
neemasen
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of godmother's ?   What's the point of godmother's ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:23 am

Traditionally, godparents were informally responsible for ensuring the child's religious education was carried out, and for caring for the child should they be orphaned. Today, the word godparent might not have explicitly religious overtones.

The modern view of a godparent tends to be an individual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal development.
Back to top Go down
kishoresen
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of godmother's ?   What's the point of godmother's ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Today, the word godparent might not have explicitly religious overtones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of godmother's ?   What's the point of godmother's ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Counter Strike :: General Discussion-
Jump to: